Job Descriptions & Positions Available
Denali Summer-Living, working, explore the last frontier!
Owned and operated by two best friends, Holly Slinkard, and Tracey Smith since 1997.-wow!
We are driven to provide quality paying opportunities in an unparalleled vast and majestic wilderness paradise called Denali National Park, and of course, boasting Mt. Denali at 20,310ft, but I digress. As I was saying quality pay, the best housing in Denali and most importantly...creating an environment that is positive, fun, and inspiring. We know a happy crew makes happy customers, therefore making happy owners.
Season Dates.......Mid-May thru Mid September
We take great pride in providing the best housing in Denali for our crew. We know our crew is our most valuable asset and we work hard to take care of our team. You are responsible for cleaning up your own mess and we provide daily housekeeping for general clean up.
- Each room has 1-2 beds and every 2 rooms share a bathroom (toilet/shower).
- Each room has a sink area and a small fridge.
- Linens/bedding/pillows and toilet paper provided.
- There are two common rooms, each with kitchen facilities (stocked with the basics), TV's/Movies.
- Coin-op laundry facilities, laundry detergent and dryer sheets provided :)
- WI-FI available and a landline (907-683-2333)
- Crew members receive 20% off in Cafe' when you are not working, (during non-peak hours).
Includes 5 shift meals, toilet paper, laundry detergent, and kitchen basics. *Private Housing is on request only with priority given to returning employees.
ALL BOH Crew members will need to purchase $50 in uniform supplies and all FOH servers $75 (amount may be deducted from your first paycheck).
- Kitchen Crew appropriate close-toed footwear and jeans/chef pants for working in kitchens. Chef hats/headgear.
- Servers new/like new black or tan bottoms (skirts or pants) appropriate closed toed shoes.
- Housekeepers comfortable pants and shoes slip on/off (good for walking on gravel).
- Front Desk Professional business casual attire. Dress shirts, sweaters, dress pants, khakis, skirts, good walking shoes for walking on gravel. NO jeans- no looking too casual. A cardigan or blazer/jacket is nice, as it can be chilly in the front office in the mornings and pre/post season.
Season end bonuses apply to all positions except servers and ranges from .50-$1/hr. You will determine your bonus based on work ethic, attitude and being a responsible housing tenant.
Transportation to Denali
You are responsible for your own transportation and cost. Denali is 4 hours north of Anchorage and 3 hours south of Fairbanks. If you are arriving in your own vehicle we are located at Mile 224 on the George Parks Hwy. If you do not have your own transportation you can take the Alaska Yukon Trails Shuttle (907-888-5659 or email email@example.com ) from either Anchorage or Fairbanks at 20% off (they will need a copy of your work contract) which picks up at the Anchorage Hostels http://alaskahostel.org / 907-248-5036 We recommend flying into Anchorage, staying at the hostel and taking the shuttle to Denali the next morning. The shuttle will also stop by the grocery store on the way north so you can grab some supplies/food.