Denali Park Day Excursion*
The Denali Park Day Excursion is the best Alaska wilderness day-trip to experience Denali National Park from both the air and the ground for the economical, independent traveler who is flexible with time. You will be flown in from the Denali Park entrance into Kantishna, and you'll ride the park shuttle bus (green school bus) back to the park entrance.
You will be flown through the heart of Denali National Park, giving you spectacular scenic views! Choose the 35-minute direct flight or the 55-minute scenic fly-by, which follows the spine of the magnificent Alaska Range, traverses the expansive Muldrow Glacier and passes the stunning north face of Mt. McKinley. During your 5-6 hour bus ride back to the park entrance, you'll experience Denali's landscape, flora and fauna, and while this transport is not narrated, you may have the opportunity to view and photograph the wildlife and natural habitat of this 6 million acre National Park and Preserve. Please be aware that many of the guests on these shuttles have already made the 6-hour journey to Kantishna, so stops may be less frequent on the way back to the park entrance. *The shuttle bus is not sold as a narrated tour; however it is our experience that the drivers are experienced and know/share history of the park, but no guarantees. If learning the natural history is important to you we recommend the Tour to Kantishna or the Tundra Wilderness tour. Space is limited to 15 seats per day so book early and tour must be prepaid.
- Time: 11AM
- Rates: 35 minute direct flight tour in/shuttle bus out $290pp (includes taxes)
- *BONUS if you book 3+ seats, or if and addititionl 2 seats are booked for your flight you will be upgraded to the 55 min. flight at no charge!!
- Rates: 55 minute scenic flight tour in/shuttle bus out $385pp (includes taxes)
- Cessna 206 aircraft. Each aircraft has 6 seats, 1 pilot and 5 passengers.
- Order your park lunch. Bring water, lunch, snacks, a warm layer, rain gear, camera (extra film/batteries), binoculars, etc. There are NO services available in Kantishna or on the bus.
Cancellation Policy: 30+ days prior to the flight date for a refund less $40 fee, all flights are weather dependent and refunds given accordingly.
Trip Summary: You will catch your flight into Kantishna from the park entrance at noon…where you will enjoy a flight tour of the park, landing in Kantishna around 12:30 - 1pm. Enjoy a picnic lunch or short hike before you catch your shuttle bus. You will need to catch one of the following shuttle buses back to the park entrance.
Approx. Shuttle schedule:
Depart Kantishna /Arrive at Park Entrance
- 1:30 pm /7:45 pm
- 2:05 pm / 7:15 pm
- 2:15 pm / 8:30 pm
- 6:05 pm / 11:15 pm